You should understand, as the proprietor of a rental property, the significance of marketing when it comes to locating ideal tenants. If you haven’t used them, virtual tours will lead you to a tremendous opportunity! Giving prospective tenants the option to view your rental homes virtually can be a great way to show them what to expect before they ever set foot on the property. The advantages of virtual tours for your rental property marketing will be discussed in the paragraphs that follow, along with the reasons that every owner of a rental property should make use of them.
Virtual Tour Basics
A computer-generated simulation of a rental property that allows prospective tenants to virtually explore the premises is called a virtual tour. Virtual tours offer a comprehensive and captivating view of every room, unlike photographs that just show a portion of the property. In addition, virtual tours let potential tenants see how large rooms and other spaces would be as well as how their furniture will fit in the room.
Virtual tours of rental properties are preferred by many tenants, according to recent research. According to the research compiled by Zumper, more than 70% of prospective tenants indicated a readiness to lease an apartment without physically inspecting it, on the condition that a 3D virtual tour could be utilized to do so.
Types of Virtual Tours
Virtual tours offer potential tenants an immersive experience by enabling them to examine your rental homes from any location without physically being there. In this manner, before they visit the property, they can check the space and decide if it meets their wants. 360-degree, 3D virtual tour, and virtual reality virtual tours are the three primary varieties of virtual tours available to you.
1. 360-degree Virtual Tour: A 360-degree virtual tour is produced by combining multiple photos into one panoramic picture. Click and drag to explore the room—this feature gives prospective tenants a comprehensive overview of the space in a single image. For rental property owners who are new to virtual tours, 360-degree tours are a great choice because they are inexpensive and simple to create.
2. 3D Virtual Tour: Potential tenants can explore the property as if they were physically present via a three-dimensional (or “true”) virtual tour, which offers a more immersive experience than a 360-degree virtual tour. These tours are generated by capturing and piecing together numerous photographs of a rental property using specialized software. As a result of the substantial time and effort invested in generating outcomes of superior quality, three-dimensional virtual tours are predominantly employed for upscale rental properties.
3. Virtual Reality Tour: The newest and most interesting method of viewing properties is through virtual reality (VR) tours. Potential tenants can explore every corner of the home by donning a VR headset and moving around the premises as if they were in person. VR tours, which were once uncommon, are now becoming more prevalent due to the increased accessibility of VR technology.
The Benefits of Using Virtual Tours
Let’s examine some advantages of utilizing virtual tours for your rental property marketing now that we’ve covered the fundamentals of them.
• Convenience. Virtual tours are extremely convenient, which is their main advantage. You can show your rental properties to potential tenants without requiring them to leave their homes or work schedules. Renters from outside the state or from abroad who need assistance setting up a time to come and have a physical tour of the home may particularly benefit from this.
• 24/7 Availability. Seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day, virtual tours are offered. This implies that prospective renters won’t have to force themselves to fit around your availability in order to view your rental properties on their time.
• Increased Online Engagement. It has also been demonstrated that virtual tours boost engagement. Digital presence in search engines or SEO can be enhanced with virtual tours for your rental property. Including a virtual tour in your property listing is an excellent way to increase your search engine ranking and provide Google with fresh content.
How to Optimize Your Virtual Tours
Given the aforementioned advantages of virtual tours, the following suggestions shall assist you in optimizing their utilization:
• Quality Matters. When it comes to virtual tours, quality counts. Avoid using low-resolution or grainy photos and instead use high-quality images and videos,. Make use of high-quality virtual tour information if you want prospective tenants to appreciate your rental buildings.
• Include a Call to Action. You should end your virtual tour with a call to action (CTA). An encouragement to proceed, such setting up a showing or getting in touch with you for further details, is provided via a caption or button labeled (CTA). By adding a call to action, you may encourage potential tenants to take the next step and apply for a rental.
Using virtual tours to provide prospective tenants with an impression of your rental properties without requiring them to pay a visit in person is an excellent notion. The time is now to begin utilizing virtual tours in your rental property marketing if you haven’t already. Contact your local Real Property Management office today to learn more about incorporating virtual tours into your rental property marketing.
We are pledged to the letter and spirit of U.S. policy for the achievement of equal housing opportunity throughout the Nation. See Equal Housing Opportunity Statement for more information.